BEET MERINGUE CANAPE
1. In a cylindrical container, use a hand blender to incorporate the canned beets, METHYLCELLULOSE and XANTHAN GUM into the beet brine.
2. Pour the preparation into the bowl of a mixer. Using the mixer’s whisk attachment, whip the mixture for 10 minutes as you would for a meringue.
3. In a saucepan, bring the orange juice and AGAR-AGAR to a boil and continue boiling for 2 minutes. Remove from the stove and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture onto a rectangular plate or a small baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
5. Using a knife, cut the sheet of gelified orange juice into rectangular pieces.
6. Garnish a slice of orange jelly with feta and apple slices and top it off with the beet meringue.