2 hour 45 min
1. In a pan, simmer the milk, sugar and gum for 15 minutes. Remove from the stove and let sit for 1 hour. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
2. Using a spoon, dissolve the CALCIUM LACTATE and COLD SOLUBLE GELATINE in the bubble gum preparation. Pour in a plastic container to form a layer about ¾ inch (2 cm) thick and place in the freezer for 3 hours or until the preparation is completely congealed.
3. Using a hand blender, dissolve the SODIUM ALGINATE in the water and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the congealed preparation from the plastic container and cut it into cubes. Place the cubes in the alginate bath and let sit for 5 minutes while delicately stirring with a spoon.
5. Using a slotted spoon, collect the cubes, rinse them in a bowl of water and remove excess moisture by blotting the bottom of the slotted spoon against a paper towel.
6. Heat the fondants for 5 seconds in the microwave oven and serve on top of the candy floss.