QUINOA FORESTIERE WITH BERRY CAPSULES
1 hour 30 min
3 hour 30 min
1. Soak cashews in water for at least 2 hours or overnight. place oil (both the tall glass and the ¼ cup (60 ml)) in the refrigerator to cool overnight, or, to save time, place it in the freezer for 1 hour.
2. Cook quinoa in broth with rosemary sprigs and sea salt. Follow package instructions. (While the quinoa is cooking, start making mushroom chips) once done, take off heat, remove rosemary sprigs, mix in lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste, then cover and reserve.
3. Prepare a fryer or, alternatively, fill a large pot with cooking oil and bring it to about 350 °f (175 °c). Also prepare a few plates lined with paper towels.
4. Using a blender, grind dehydrated mushrooms into a fine powder. Thinly slice king oysters and girolles, lengthwise. Place a small batch of sliced oysters and girolles in hot oil and let them brown while stirring with a skimmer. Once done, transfer to a lined plate and sprinkle with mushroom powder. Repeat until all mushrooms are fried.
Vegan Shallot Mayo
5. Discard the cashew soaking water and remove ¼ cup (60 ml) cold oil from the refrigerator or freezer. In a blender, combine cashews with cauliflower while adding water in very gradually, until homogenous. Then, continue blending while gradually adding oil in, until the mixture becomes creamy. Finally, blend in all other ingredients and season to taste.
6. In a rectangular, flat-bottomed bowl, use a hand blender to dissolve 1 sachet sodium AlginAte in water, then refrigerate for 15 minutes. While you wait, blend raspberries and sugar together with calcium lactate in a blender.
7. Remove cooled sodium alginate bath from the refrigerator. Using a measuring spoon, deposit spoonfuls of the calcium lactate mixture in the alginate bath and let sit for 3 minutes. Stir gently with a slotted spoon to prevent the spheres from touching one another.
8. Once done, gently remove spheres from the bath using the slotted spoon and remove any excess water by applying a piece of paper towel to the bottom of the spoon. Reserve.
9. Using a juicer, extract juice from blackberries. Filter ¾ cup (190 ml) of the juice. Bring to a boil with honey and agar-agar, then remove from heat immediately.
10. Remove oil from the freezer or refrigerator. Using a pipette held at a 90° angle, slowly drip droplets of the agar-agar preparation in the cold oil. Pour onto a sieve and above the sink to get rid of the oil and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
11. In a rectangular, flat-bottomed bowl, combine water and lemon juice and sprinkle in soy lecithin. Using a hand blender, blend for 3 to 4 minutes, then let sit for 5 minutes. To serve, collect foam using a spoon. If needed and to obtain more foam, repeat step 11.
12. Divide quinoa and lemon foam on plates decorated with chervil and blackberries. Top lemon foam with blackberry pearls and quinoa with mushroom chips and raspberry spheres. Serve with vegan mayo on the side.