DECONSTRUCTED CLAM RISOTTO
1. Refrigerate oil to cool overnight, or, to save time, place it in the freezer for 1 hour.
1. Place ice cubes in a large bowl and fill with cold water.
2. Bring the canned clam juice, soy sauce and agar-agar to a boil and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Fill a food-grade syringe with the agar-agar preparation. Plug syringe into a silicone tube and fill up the tube, then place it in the ice bath for 1 minute. Remove the tube from the ice bath, then, using the syringe again, push air into the tube to eject the spaghetti. Repeat until enough spaghettis are obtained.
4. Melt the butter in a pan and brown the shallot and garlic. deglaze with white wine and reduce.
5. Add the clam juice from the canned clams to the pan and bring to a boil. Add the clams and cream. season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes
6. Chop the spaghettis slantwise into rice-shaped pieces. serve the clam-flavoured rice on a plate coated with clam sauce.