1 hour 20 min
2 hour 20 min
1. Refrigerate oil to cool overnight, or, to save time, place it in the freezer for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 300 °f (150 °c). slice 8 croutons off of the baguette and place them on a lightly oiled baking sheet. finely chop chives.
3. Melt butter in a pan. Add in chives, parsley, onion powder, salt and pepper and mix well. Brush croutons on both sides with chives butter and cook in the oven for 6 minutes (turn halfway through cooking time) or until crisp.
4. In a pot, reduce cranberry juice to 1 cup. Add in AgAr-AgAr and maple syrup. bring to a boil, then remove from heat immediately.
5. Remove oil from the freezer or refrigerator. using a pipette held at a 90° angle, slowly drip droplets of the agar-agar preparation in the cold oil. pour onto a sieve and above the sink to get rid of the oil and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
6. Drip a droplet or two of basil aroma onto a piece of blotting paper inserted in an aromaspoon™ by molecule-r. In the spoon, place a piece of crostini topped with cranberry pearls, a piece of goat cheese and tarragon leaves, and repeat with the rest of the crostini. When taking a bite, keep the aroma spoon close to your nose while chewing. Inhale the basil aroma and experience volatile flavouring!